Commission meets Jan. 19 in Salem
The Fish and Wildlife Commission will meet Friday, Jan. 19 in Salem at ODFW Headquarters, 4034 Fairview Industrial Drive SE.
The meeting begins at 10 a.m. and follows this agenda.
The Commission will be asked to:
- Set the schedule of damages for commercial fishing violations during 2018.
- Repeal administrative rule to update the applicable public contracting rules for ODFW.
- Approve recommendations for Access and Habitat program project funding and board appointments.
- Appoint a new Fish Screening Task Force member representing agriculture.
- Adopt a Pink Shrimp Fishery Management Plan and approve the required use of lighting devices on shrimp trawls. While Oregon’s pink shrimp fishery is already certified sustainable, this management plan documents management objectives and monitoring activities and also describes biological reference points and harvest controls to maintain the fisheries long-term sustainability. Lighting devices (e.g. LEDs) have been found to dramatically reduce bycatch in pink shrimp trawling which is highly beneficial to both conservation and industry.
Public testimony for topics not on the agenda will be held first thing Friday morning, just after the adoption of temporary rules. Persons seeking to testify on issues not on the formal agenda may do so by making arrangements with the ODFW Director’s Office, at least 24 hours in advance of the meeting, by calling 800-720-6339 or 503-947-6044.
Reasonable accommodations will be provided as needed for individuals requesting assistive hearing devices, sign language interpreters or large-print materials. Individuals needing these types of accommodations may call the ODFW Director’s Office at 800-720-6339 or 503-947-6044 at least 24 hours in advance of the meeting.
The Commission is the policy-making body for fish and wildlife issues in the state and it usually meets monthly.
< Previous Report Next Report >
OR Department of Fish & Wildlife Reportsfor Friday, January 12th, 2018
: ODFW seeks nominees to represent Oregon on Pacific fisheries council
: Train to be an Angler Education Instructor in Brookings-Harbor area
Learn rifle skills for big game hunting ODFW and the Oregon Hunters Association are hosting a Rifle Skills and Knowledge Workshop...... Read More