Lake Jennings Fishing Report
Lake Jennings - Lakeside, CA (San Diego County)
by Lake Jennings Staff
- 4,000 lbs. of Rainbow Trout has been stocked since the beginning of the season! Limits coming in all over the lake with lots caught in Siesta Cove, Hermit Cove, and Cloister Cove. The trout seem to be biting best on mini jigs, kastmasters and inflated nightcrawlers.
- We stock the lake this week with an additional 1,500 lbs. of Rainbow Trout. That'll bring the season total to 5,500 lbs!
- Bass have been scattered around a bit near the boat dock, and in Half Moon Cove biting on green and purple roboworms and on live shiners in Cloister Cove.
- Catfish were hanging out in Shadow Cove along the bouy line this past weekend!
- Some nice sunfish were caught in Cloister Cove with a large Redear caught near the T-dock too.
- Winter Break is fast approaching! The entire lake will be open dailybeginning December 21st through January 6th. Hours of operation are 6:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- FREE BOAT LAUNCH days are coming too! December 27th and January 3rd, bring your own boat and we will waive the $8 launch fee!
- Rental boats are available on a first come, first serve basis. We have motorboats, rowboats, kayaks, and paddle boats for rent. Pick your pleasure or you're welcome to launch your own.
- The lake is a great place for wildlife watchers or photographers. Checkout our Instagram for a beautiful array of photos from some very talented admirers!
- Bring the whole family on your next weekend getaway! Make your camping reservations today at www.lakejennings.org or call (619) 390-1623.
- Long term camping season is in full swing. There is limited availability to camp long term through March 2019 for the Winter season. We have full and partial hookups available and some even have views of the lake! If you would like to know more about long term availability or have questions, please call (619) 596-1333.
< Previous Report Next Report >
Not a Bad Day for the Hookup Baits CrewLake Jennings
Not a bad day for the Hookup Baits crew at the lake today! Remember, we stock the 1/16 and 1/32...... Read More
Trout Opener Nov. 16Lake Jennings
It is finally that time of year again! The water will be cooled to 70 degrees by mid-November which means...... Read More